Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Card shark



Gage asked me to play "War" with him. He told me he wouldn't cheat. According to his dad, Gage will cheat on occasion, pulling a card from the bottom if he knows there's an ace coming up next in his hand to win a battle. But, if he says he won't cheat, apparently he doesn't. After we had played for a little while, Zane wanted to join in. Without missing a beat, Gage gave him over half of his own cards and helped him play. If Zane ran out of cards, Gage just gave him more. He was a good teacher and explained what was happening as the game went on, praising him when he was having good luck. I was really proud of him for being such a good big brother.

When Pop arrived, he and Gage played War and then they started playing Crazy 8's. I think they both enjoyed it. I always accused Wayne of making up rules as he went along when we played Crazy 8's years ago. I don't think I ever won many games.

Later, Gage was teaching Zane how to play Crazy 8's. I heard him say, "Zane, you played an 8 and you can call it diamonds, or clubs, or spades, or hearts. What do you want to call it?" Zane responded with, "I want to call it teddy bears!" Then they both cracked up. It was cute.

No comments: