Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day

Wayne needed a little help getting in the last 20 or so acres of cotton, so Kelly was called into action. Since Kelly was going to be gone and Wendy needed to mow the yard, I was called into action.

When I got there, both boys were busy with activities in the kitchen. Gage was drawing the race cars from "Cars." He did a really good job of it. Zane was playing some type of electronic game. Gage was helping him when he needed help.

Wendy and I talked briefly and then she went out (in her field hand outfit) to cut the grass. I wish I had a photo of her in that getup. She saw herself in the mirror just before she went out and commented to me that she didn't know how I had kept a straight face.

Almost immediately after sitting down with my book, the boys finished their activities. Wendy had given permission for them to watch some television, so we put "Madagascar" into the DVD. Zane sat in my lap and we settled down to watch the movie. It really is a cute movie. After the movie was over, Gage danced to the catchy music while the credits rolled.

We played a Memory matching game and then Old Maid. Then we went to the playroom where they kept finding ways to toss, sling, or fire small items at me.

Kelly and Wendy got in about the same time...both covered with dirt from their afternoon activities. I tried to get Gage to talk more about kindergarten, but I guess he wasn't in the mood. I'm taking him to school on Friday and will have breakfast with him there. A Grandparent's Day thing, I think.

No comments: