Monday, September 8, 2008

Arm Dangles

While I was writing the last post I was trying to remember another subject that Gage and I talked about on our way to his school last Friday. I thought of it while I was doing my Wii Fit exercises this morning...arm dangles. (For more on the Wii Fit, look at my Free Form blog...there's a link to it on the right.)

A while back the boys got out their little doctor kit and proceeded to give me and examination. Zane ran the thermometer across my forehead, pronounced me sick and gave me a shot (and put a band aid on it.) They listened to my heart and took my blood pressure. When he put the blood pressure cuff on my upper arm, Gage noticed my arm dangle and became quite fascinated. He put his finger under it and keep pushing it up until it grossed Wendy out enough that she told him to quit.

As we were driving to school on Friday, he was in a good position to notice my arms which were in the 10 o'clock-2 o'clock positions on the steering wheel. He said, "Cookie, is that your muscle hanging down on your arm?" I replied that it wasn't. He then wanted to know what it was. I told him it was my arm dangle. I further cautioned him that while I didn't mind if he asked me about my arm dangle, he shouldn't ask other ladies about that kind of thing. He wanted to know why not. I don't remember exactly what I told him, but the gist was that arm dangles happen when you get older and aren't as strong as you once were and that ladies aren't proud of them. He then informed me that they felt funny. Evidently he had remembered that from a couple of months ago.

Note to self: Keep my arms in the 4 o'clock-8 o'clock position when I drive the kids around.

No comments: