Monday, January 5, 2009

Football

Gage has really been "into" football for a couple of years now. I might have mentioned it...or not. He is not, however, an Aggie fan. The little rat likes the Longhorns! And it's almost always been that way. I wonder what makes a child that young pick a team that his parents don't support? I'm pretty sure, for one thing, that they haven't criticized his choice. But, he's fairly knowledgeable for a guy who will reach six years in two days. Wendy told me that during the pro draft last year he sat in the living room with the sports section and a pencil keeping track of who was picked. Who does that when you're barely five years old?

Kelly says that if he needs to leave the room during a game he can count on Gage to tell him what happened while he was gone.

Gage had to go to bed before a game was over recently. The next morning he wanted to know who won. Kelly told him that one of the teams won by 11 points. Gage immediately wondered aloud how they did that. He eventually worked it out at least one scenario.

I don't know...maybe all little boys are that into football. Just seemed pretty smart to me.

No comments: