When I got to Wendy's this afternoon, the boys were really playing quietly together. Even when they saw me, they just grinned from across the living room and said hi...but didn't rush me the way the girls do.
So, Wendy and I had a chance to talk for awhile. She was just finishing preparing their supper of baked chicken and fresh green beans with potatoes. It smelled, and looked, really good.
Eventually, Zane came running into the kitchen and, with a big grin, gave me a piece of note paper. Apparently, what had kept them quiet was their collaboration in compiling a list of what Zane wants for his birthday. It was all Star Wars action figures. Since I'm not as conversant in Star Wars as they are, I had to ask who a couple of them were. Zane ran off again and came back in a jiffy with two of the cards from the deck of Star Wars cards that I got for Gage recently. The pictures on the cards he brought back were of two of the action figures that he would like to have. I have the note tucked away in my purse to help me when I'm in the store.
I mentioned to Zane that he was going to have a birthday soon. He said "Yes! I'm going to be 4 and then I'll be taller!" I hope he won't be too disappointed if it doesn't happen overnight. I asked him where his party was going to be and he told me, "It's going to be at the Aquatic Center. And I'm not going to have one of those things that you hit and it's full of candy!" He said the last while making bat-swinging motions...grinning all the time. Sounded like he was glad he wasn't going to have a pinata. Maybe all those amateurs wearing blindfolds and swinging bats make him nervous. I completely understand.
Monday, July 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment